Toxic Employee Attitudes: How to Keep Negativity From Infecting Your Workplace
Employees with toxic attitudes can poison an entire department. Their venomous spew is counter-productive, a morale killer, and it can breed resentment and become a roadblock to effective communication and collaboration.
Yet, many managers feel frustrated and helpless when confronted with employees who complain, criticize, or try to stir up trouble. In fact, they often assume that there’s no way to change these "toxic employee attitudes,” so they just do their best to contain the damage.
But tolerating such harmful behaviors is definitely NOT the smartest strategy.
Discover how neutralizing negativity and taming those toxic employee attitudes can increase productivity, decrease turnover and boost morale in this comprehensive audio conference.
In this information-packed session, you will learn:
- Six signs that your office may be infected with negativity
- The hidden costs of a chronic negativity problem
- Diagnosing the cause: what makes some people so negative?
- Employees from the dark side: whiners, complainers, critics, & pessimists
- Active troublemakers: tattletales, gossips, bullies, & rabble-rousers
- Seven effective weapons in the war against negativity
- How you may actually be rewarding your employees’ negative behavior
- The five-step Behavioral Coaching process that really makes an impact
- How to reengage resentful employees by flipping their “motivational switch”
- Using the Team Turnaround process to “disinfect” an entire group
- Termination: when removing the cause is the only cure
- Recognizing systemic problems: thirteen signs of a toxic workplace
- Strategies for saving your sanity in a toxic organization
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D.,
Your Office Coach
Marie G. McIntyre, Ph.D., writes a nationwide newspaper column, Your Office Coach, and is the author of two books: Secrets to Winning at Office Politics and The Management Team Handbook. Her advice has appeared in Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Canadian Business, CNBC.com, and many other publications. Some of Marie's leadership development, career coaching, and teambuilding clients include Home Depot, AT&T, Cisco, Tyson Foods, Lowe's, The Weather Channel and Prudential.
Previously, Marie held management positions in both business and government, including Director of Human Resources in a Fortune 500 company. She has more than twenty years’ experience in management and organizational development.
We're so confident
you'll get what you want out of this conference that
we'll refund every penny if you're not completely
satisfied. No questions asked! It's 100% risk-free!
Your CD recording includes the complete audio conference presentation, audience Q&A and presentation materials.
APPROVED FOR RECERTIFICATION CREDIT:
||HRCI - Receive 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
Each CCM event presents a variety of information and is presented for each organization to develop its own approach and methodology.